Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy SIG
Date: May 27, 2017
One Day High Velocity Low Amplitude Technique Course
Instructors: Abe Shamma PT DPT OCS Cert. MDT, FAAOMPT and Ed Schiavone PT, COMT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Location: Palo Alto CA
CEUs: 0.8 CEUs (pending approval)
Sponsor: California Orthopedic Manual Therapy Special Interest Group
Brochure: download here
Local COMPTSIG Study Groups Around California
Local PT's are hosting study groups around the state. Meet at a nearby clinic, discuss case studies, learn new techniques, make friends. Free to attend for first-timers but are encouraged to join COMPTSIG at $30/year to continue supporting manual therapy practice in California.
Current host sites:
Oakland Ortho Nerd Night
Location: 26 Eastwood Ct, Oakland, CA 946611
Time/Date: Thursday Evenings, 7:30 - 9:30 pm
Contact person: Please RSVP to Bryan@ausinheiler.com
San Diego Study Group @ San Diego State University
Location: San Diego State University, Peterson Gym, Room 1520, 5400 55th St, San Diego, CA 92115
Contact: To be notified of future study group meetings please contact Kelly at email@example.com
San Francisco Study Group
Location: 1162A Gorgas Ave, San Francisco, CA 94129
Contact person: To be notified of future study group meetings please Dianna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a study group in your area?
Check out the new Local Study Groups page (http://comptsig.org/page-1830801) for all current study groups across California. Let us know if you want to add your own group to the list, and COMPTSIG will help you find like-minded PTs in your area.
*Date and Time Subject to Change
There are many benefits included in joining the California Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Special Interest Group (COMPTSIG) including:
• Discounts on COMPTSIG courses (recover your membership fee at your first course!).
• Access to the Members only section of our website, www.comptsig.org.
• Summary Reviews of clinically relevant manual therapy research articles that include how the research findings can be applied to your patients in your clinical practice.
• A quarterly Newsletter to help keep you abreast of recent developments in OMT.
• Involvement in efforts to promote orthopedic manual physical therapy.
• A reduced hourly rate for attorney fees for physical therapy related issues.
• A connection to like-minded physical therapist in California.