Why is the Centers of Excellence Practice Resource Program for me?
The California Physical Therapy Association’s Centers of Excellence Recognition program was designed to enhance and promote quality physical therapist practice nationwide. By establishing a set of quality practice indicators, physical therapist clinics are provided standards of excellence by which to measure clinical performance. This program provides clinics with the essential resources and guidance to become quality providers of physical therapist services.
All clinics will be evaluated on the following indicators:
- Management: Facility and administrative operations
- Practice: Clinical practice, documentation retention, patient satisfaction
- Professionalism: Continuing education, scholarly activity, professional and public service
The standards described in the program cover the breadth of physical therapist practice and those standards focus on the promotion of best practice and quality care. To ensure best practice patterns and continuous quality improvement, physical therapist practices nationwide are encouraged to participate in this peer-review process. By exceeding these quality standards, physical therapist clinics will be able to promote themselves as meeting the highest principles of practice excellence as promoted by the California Physical Therapy Association.
The Application Process:
- Purchase a resource manual
- Review the Standards for Practice Excellence and implement with your clinic
- Apply to become a Center of Excellence
The Practice Resource Manual offers a comprehensive package including:
- Reimbursement Resources
- Ethics Resources
- Administrative/Operation Resources
- Standards for Practice Excellence
- Federal & Regulatory Resources
- HIPAA Resources
- Clinical Resources
- Functional Outcome Tools
- Internet Resources
...and you can personalize it!
All for one low price!
I'd like to:
A special thank you to our Centers of Practice Excellence sponsor!