All Student Volunteer Positions have been filled. Thank you to our Student Members!
What We Need
Student Members are needed to assist at registration, information desk, scanning badges at educational sessions, checking badges at the Exhibit Hall entrance, and a variety of other supportive services.
No experience necessary; however, this offer is available only to Student Members.
Volunteering is a great way to serve your association, meet other students, members, and perhaps your future employer!
Student Volunteer Registration Includes
Conference Programming Saturday & Sunday
Exhibit Hall access
Lunch on Saturday & Sunday
Noland Address &Member Celebration
Want to be in the know about Annual Conference?
Check us out on Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to use the official hashtag: #CPTAConference!
Student Volunteer T-shirt Design Contest!
Student volunteers will be easy to spot in their official CPTA Student Volunteer T-shirt at annual conference this year in San Diego, CA. Since you have to wear the shirt, why not design it?!! Submit your design directly to Kristy Murchison for this year's shirt and yours could be the lucky winner!
All entries will be put to the test during the voting period of August 7-10 . The design that receives the most votes will be featured at this year's Annual Conference!
Deadline: August 4, 2017
Voting Period: August 7-10, 2017
Click here to download the flyer!
Cancellation requests must be received in writing, and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full refund less 20% administrative fee if cancellation is received by September 4, 2017. 50% refund if received by September 8, 2017. No refunds after September 8, 2017.
Thank you for serving as a Student Volunteer at 2017 CPTA Annual Conference in San Diego, CA! It is with the help of our student volunteers that allows Annual Conference to be such a great success.
You have been assigned a task between 2-4 hours. You are welcome to attend the full conference as long as you follow through on your commitment to your assigned task.
View your assignment by CLICKING HERE!
As a student volunteer, there are a few general guidelines that we ask you to follow:
1. Smile! Greet attendees as you meet them and thank them for attending conference.
2. You will be provided a Student Volunteer t-shirt upon check in. You must wear your shirt during your volunteer time.
3. Please arrive to your assigned area at least 5 minutes prior to the start of your shift. This will allow appropriate time for a shift change and brief orientation.
4. Eating and drinking during your shift should be kept to a minimum. All shifts over the lunch hour have been assigned to allow for meal times. You will either eat lunch before or after your shift, not during.
5. Remember, that during your shift, you are a representative of CPTA. Please be professional and courteous at all times.
5. Be sure to tell us about your experience! An email with an evaluation form will be sent following conference. We ask that you take a few minutes to tell us your thoughts.
Please find your job assignment below and read the notes related to your task.
Staff Liaison - Allison Wiesemann/Jennifer Guico
1. Attendee badges are sorted by last name. Each attendee will receive their registration envelope (which will contain their badge, ribbons and tickets), a bag, and a lanyard.
2. If there is an error with an attendee’s badge (spelling mistake, incorrect designations, etc.), please direct them to On-Site Registration to have a new badge printed.
3. Encourage attendees to access the Mobile App. For assistance, please direct them to the Mobile App Help Desk. Through the app, they can access speaker bios, handouts, and the #CPTAConference challenge.
Student Volunteer Registration
Staff Liaison - Jim Mathews/Kayla Smith
1. Student Volunteer badges are sorted by last name. Each volunteer will receive their registration envelope (which will contain their badge, ribbons and tickets), a bag, a lanyard, and their Student Volunteer t-shirt (their size will be marked on the outside of their registration envelope.)
2. If there is an error with a volunteer’s badge (spelling mistake, incorrect designations, etc.), please direct them to On-Site Registration to have a new badge printed.
3. Encourage volunteers to access the Mobile App. For assistance, please direct them to the Mobile App Help Desk. Through the app, they can access speaker bios, handouts, and the #CPTAConference challenge.
Staff Liaison - Allison Wiesemann/Jennifer Guico
1. Exhibitor badges are sorted by company, and then by last name within the company. Each representative from the company should pick up their own envelope (which will contain their badge, ribbons and tickets). If the company did not provide names ahead of time, there will be an envelope that says “No Badge Requested.” Please write their names on the company name card, and direct those individuals to On-Site Registration to have a badge printed.
2. Each company is allowed up to four badges. They are allowed to purchase more, which some do ahead of time. If they have not purchased them ahead of time, but wish to do so, please write their names on the company name card and direct them to On-Site Registration.
3. If there is an error with an exhibitor’s badge ((spelling mistake, incorrect designations, etc.), please direct them to On-Site Registration to have a new badge printed.
4. Some companies may have a guest badge set aside. All companies are allowed one guest badge, and the guest must be accompanied by a company representative at all times.
5. There will be a program delivered to each exhibit booth Saturday morning. They are not provided at registration.
Mobile App Help Desk
Staff Liaison - Kristy Murchison
1. You will be helping attendees access and login to the Mobile App. Our app is a little different in that there is no downloading. Attendees simply visit the URL eventmobi.com/2017cptaconference on any device (tablet, phone, or computer). If they access the app via tablet or phone, it will ask them to save it to their device or create a shortcut. This is highly recommended as it makes it easier to go back to.
2. For attendees to login, they will use the email address they used when registering for conference. It is not required to login to utilize the app. However, if they wish to play the #CPTAConference Challenge, save their schedule, or take notes, they must login.
3. Prior to conference, it is recommended that you access and login to the app to familiarize yourself with it. You will have questions from attendees regarding everything from accessing handouts to finding exhibitors to playing the challenge, so the more you know, they more they will.
4. A laptop will be provided at the desk to show how to navigate the app. The laptop is not to be used for any other purpose other than accessing the Mobile App site or the CPTA site.
Educational Session Greeter
Staff Liaison - Jim Mathews/Kayla Smith
1. Scan the QR code on the attendee’s badge as they enter the session. Attendees must have their badge scanned to be awarded CEUs. Badges can be scanned more than once if an attendee is unsure if they’re badge was scanned.
a. Exhibitor badges will not have a QR code to scan, as they cannot earn CEUs. Exhibitors are welcome to attend Educational Sessions, if space permits. Exhibitors should not be allowed into the session until it has started and only if there are seats available.
b. Exhibit Hall Only badges will be a different color than all other badges. Exhibit Hall Only registration does not include educational programming, and they are permitted in Education Sessions. This should be strictly enforced by the Session Greeters.
2. Attendees are not allowed to sit or stand in the aisles or along the walls of the session room. This is in accordance with fire code. Strollers should be left outside of session rooms. If an attendee has a child that is becoming disruptive, please ask the attendee to step outside until the child is quieted.
3. DO NOT SWITCH ROOMS. The scanner that you are using has been programmed to that specific time/session, and switching rooms will a fellow greeter will cause disruption in attendee CEUs. When you return your scanner, please let the attendant know which session you are returning from so that the scanner can be returned to the appropriate dock.
4. Once the session has started and you have scanned all immediate attendee badges, you may step inside the session. Please stand or sit at the back of the room and watch for latecomers. Towards the end of the session, be sure you are available to scan any attendee badges that may have been forgotten.
Exhibit Hall Door Guard
Staff Liaison - Christine Balderas/Gail Bachman
1. Everyone must have a badge to enter the Exhibit Hall. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Conference attendees may only enter the Exhibit Hall when it is open. Exhibit Hall hours are:
Saturday 11:30am – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 2:00pm
3. There are three types of badge holders that may enter the hall at any time.
a. Exhibitors will have a black “Exhibitor” ribbon attached to their badge.
b. CPTA Management Team will have a teal “Management Team” ribbon attached to their badge.
c. Conference Task Force members will have an orange “Conference Task Force” ribbon attached to their badge.
4. Exhibitor Set-Up will be on Saturday from 7-11:30am. Only the three types of badge holders above may enter the hall during this time. Anyone trying to make a delivery will need to call their contact, or enter through the loading dock. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Exhibitor Break-Down will be on Sunday from 2-6pm. Only the three types of badge holders above may enter the hall during this time. Anyone trying to make a delivery will need to call their contact, or enter through the loading dock. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. If someone is trying to enter the Exhibit Hall without a badge, please direct them to On-Site Registration.
Staff Liaison - Rita Pierson
1. Please report to the front of the stage in Room 6A.
2. You will be assisting with setting up and breaking down the Awards Celebration. This includes putting out reserved seating signs, place cards for VIPs, CAL-PT-PAC donation envelopes, CAL-PT-FUND donation envelopes and other important reminders.
3. At the start of the event, you will hand out programs to our attendees at the entrance.
4. You will need to stay for the entire celebration to greet latecomers and to assist with clean up after the event.
CAL-PT-FUND Baggage Check
Staff Liaison - Kristy Murchison
1. When an attendee brings their bags to the baggage check, they will fill out an information form. You will staple one half of the blue ticket to their form and give them the other half.
2. Write their full name (Last, First), cell phone number, blue ticket number, and bag number (1 of 1, 1 of 2, etc.) on the white tag(s) and attach to their bags. Each bag should have a white tag attached to it.
3. Place the completed form in the “Baggage Claim Envelope.”
4. When an attendee comes to claim their bag(s), they will need their blue ticket and a photo ID. Check the ID to make sure it matches the name of the tag.
a. If an attendee picks up a portion of their bags (i.e. 1 out of 3), please note that on their
5. Most attendees will make a donation for holding their bag.
a. When you collect their contribution, write the amount of their contribution on their information form. Also, write out a receipt. The attendee receives the white copy; the yellow copy should be stapled to their information form.
b. Checks should be made out to the “CAL-PT-FUND”.
c. ALL (cash, check, credit card) donations should be placed in the cash deposit bag.
6. Once an attendee has picked up all of their bags, mark the box on their information form.
CPTA Voting Station
Staff Liaison - Lisa Ruport
1. You will be encouraging and assisting PT and PTA members to vote. Students are not eligible.
2. Members will sit at a voting station and log in. Log in instructions will be posted next to each station. If a member has trouble logging in, please direct them to On-Site Registration.
3. Do not stand behind a voting station unless an attendee asks for assistance.
4. After the member has voted, please give them an “I VOTED” sticker.
CPTA Exhibit Hall Booth
Staff Liaison - Heather Pino
1. Hand out Membership Pins to attendees.
2. Distribute and gather prize slips from exhibitors.
3. Assist attendees in playing games.